Saturday, February 2, 2008

Longkang Gang Closed Tourney at Chenderoh Lake 26-27th Jan 2008



Day 1

Finally the much awaited Longkang Gang Tournament is here!Longkang Gang members from all over the country swarmed Lake Chenderoh which was renowned for its crazy Sebbies which boils in front of the chalet.Alright,cut the crap and let the pictures do the talking!

To start out our journey,we Penangites first meet up at Lannun's place at 7.15am.Seen here in the picture are Tiger2My,Defisho and Mbax

Then there's Yeapwl,Latok Lansi Culky,me and Jackpot.

Here's the picture of Tok Dolah and Takin.Takin who is still a bachelor,stays with Tok Dolah pretty often and that's why we branded them as "father and son".

At 8.20a.m,we stopped by Juru's Khaleel for breakfast as Jeymatt was waiting for us to pick him up from there.Picture above showing Tiger2My and Defisho.

The "Ee Bins"(round-faced) of LKG.Jeymatt at the far right.

Veterans of LKG.Old but gold and loaded with plenty of fishing experience.

From left : Erwan(non LKG member.Invited guest),Tok Dolah,Takin,Bowjenk,me and Choo(just became a LKG member)

We finally reached the jetty of Lake Chenderoh at 10.45am.We were then very busy unloading the goodies and launching the boats.

An Oteker in our trip?

No!It's just our very own Siam Ong(the fact that he's actually a Thai)!

View from the jetty.

Fellow Longkangers practicing their salute.

Lansi with his lansi pose again.

Defisho manning Lannun's outboard with Yeapwl assisting.

Tok Dolah manning Takin's boat.Just nice for two person.Any more,the boat will sink!

On our way to our chalet.

Beautiful sceneries along the way.







Our chalet in sight.

Spacious jetty to accommodate plenty of boats at a time.

View from the chalet's jetty.

Lannun and Doc Fadzil speeding their way to the jetty.

Defisho with Akashah playing hide and seek on the boat?

Our chalets.We booked 18 rooms altogether.Not a bad place to stay in though.Some rooms have toilets ready while the one I was in did not have one.No air-conditioner is needed as it gets really cold at night.

We soon had lunch once we put everything in the rooms and preparing our tummies to face the long fishing day ahead.

Doc Fadzil in the middle.

NovaPower and Akashah(in yellow LKG official shirt) who was the organiser of the trip.


Off we went on the biggest boat.At first Lordman asked me if I would like to be the same boat with him as Pak Nawi was the boatman.I didn't accept his offer at first because I knew that Pak Nawi was a boatman that fishes along with the customer and I never liked a boatman like that.I thought to myself,"isn't it more fun if I join a fellow LKG boatman?".Soon I realized that all the LKG boatman had been snapped up and I'm stranded without a boat yet.I went back to Lordman to check if the spot was still available but sadly it was snapped up already.Damn!Now I had to be on a big boat with a very inexperienced boatman and to make things worst,the boat provided was the slowest among all!Sigh...I was just hoping that the fishing will be good to make up for all the disappointments.

Here's one of my boatmates.Introducing to you,Choo Wei Ming who weighs more than 130KG and whose body size is bigger than Doraemon's!

We traveled pretty far in search for the Sebbies.I was really puzzled about the boatman's decision as there's boils already in front of the chalet!Why go so far?!Oh well,I could only pray that the place that he's taking us will be productive.

We soon reached an open area where there's a Rest & Relax look-alike by the shore.There were Sebbies boils but not as many as those in front of the chalet.Nevermind.Think positive.The Sebbies here may be more receptive to lures.Soon a boil came up just by the side of our boat and all of us casted our lures towards that direction.Only Latok's Lucky Craft red colored rattling lure had a hit and he opened the account of the first fish landed of the day.












DAY 2












No comments: