Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Fishing Lesson 101 at Bedong 16th December 2007

"Join me once and you will get hooked!"

That was exactly what I told my friends when they said fishing is boring.They finally agreed to experience themselves on how "boring" fishing is.Of course,the best place to poison beginners is no where but the "one cast,one fish" Bedong Angling Park.

We agreed to meet at Keong's place 7.30 a.m.Me,who was usually punctual for fishing trips somehow woke up real late at 7.20 a.m.I rushed straight out of my house and reached Keong's place at 7.45 a.m.Needless to say,I received loads of cursings from six other friends which were already there.

Keong was the driver.We first had a light breakfast before fishing.

After showing my friends the Do's and Don'ts,they were off fishing.7 person,4 rods and loads of fish!Goh landed the first fish of the day among the beginners.I knew he was going to land it first as we used to fish for Gelamas and Saisengs back then.Hehe

Chee Keng and his first ever Siakap.He said it was big.I was shaking my head.

Ritchie with the biggest fish of the trip.

Jian's fish.I was surprised to see him handling the fish with no fear at all.

Keong with the biggest fish he ever caught in his life.The biggest fish he ever caught before that was a Gelama as big as his middle finger.

Chun's fish.Tag team pose.

Gino's first first.Also the first fish that swallowed the hook.Lucky thing I managed to remove it but the second Siakap he landed swallowed the whole hook until its guts.

Goh showing off the proud Siakap he landed with Gino's dead Siakap fillet.

A bigger specimen to show off between the tag team partners.

The tag team partners competed with one another to see who landed the most fish.

Moments before landing it.

Baits that were used were dead bait fish.

The action never stopped ever since we reached the pond.

I soon suggested that we start doing Lady Fish fishing because they were starting to feel bored with the same species that they were landing.I rigged up only one setup and Chee Keng already had bite not long after he left the pellet in the water.There were no proper hook ups after a few more bites and he went back to Siakap fishing.He passed the rod to Jian and soon had a hook up from the Lady!


Jian fighting the Lady Fish.He didn't know what to do at first.The fish was pulling and he was reeling in at the same time.Hehe.After few guidance ,he was back in business!

Proud owner of the Lady Fish.Not easy to land one due to their intelligence.Not the human but the fish!

We left the place at around 1p.m. as Chee Keng had a date at 3p.m.I was basically guiding my friends 90% of the time so leaving that early was no problem for me.Most of them were dead tired and took a few pictures of them.Goh here day dreaming about the monster Siakap just now.

Gino had a nightmare when the Siakap he killed was inside his dream.

The night itself,I asked my friends whether they enjoyed themselves.They all said "yes" and I've finally reached my objective which was to turn their deceptions towards sports fishing.

No comments: